As the holidays are approaching, it’s my favorite time of year! I love pulling out dusty decorations and bringing back memories of past years. I have an excuse to eat mint chocolate and drink hot chocolate all the time, and my house smells like home from our Christmas tree. Whatever holiday you do or don’t celebrate, I think everyone has different reasons for enjoying this time of year—whether it’s family time, the food, or maybe just having a break from school. For me, one of my favorite things is being able to play holiday music! I thought to start the season off right, I’d share with you my Holiday playlist!
1. “Santa Baby” by Madonna (It’s a guilty pleasure that I’ll never grow out of)
2. “Christmas Wrapping” by The Waitresses (a somewhat lesser known one, but still SO good. Tells a cute story with an up-beat sound)
3. “All I Want for Christmas Is You” by Mariah Carey (Simply, a classic. No playlist would be complete without)
4. Anything from Bright Eyes’ A Christmas Album (It’s slower and more calming, if that’s what you’re looking for)
5. Anything from She & Him’s A Very She & Him Christmas (especially “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” For all those Zooey Deschanel fans out there, this album just can never get old)
6. “What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?” by The Head and the Heart (one of my favorite bands singing a lovely and relaxing song)
7. “I Heard the Bells On Christmas Day” by The Civil Wars (almost an eerie sounding song, but I still think it’s perfect background music while decorating your tree or something_
8. “Wonderful Christmastime” by The Shins (SUCH a fun and happy Christmas song. Perfect for hanging out with friends and being jolly :))
9. “Auld Lang Syne” by Andrew Bird (a nice acoustic sounding take on a classic)
10. “Sister Winter” by Sufjan Stevens (another quiet and relaxing original Holiday song, if you want something different than the usual ones)
11. “No Christmas for Me” by Zee Avi (a cheerful, acoustic sounding one, contrary to the subject matter. Zee Avi’s song is so soft and sweet!)
12. “Baby It’s Cold Outside (feat. Ronnie Dunn)” by Kelly Clarkson (I love this cover of probably my favorite holiday song)
13. Anything from Michael Bublé’s Christmas (How could I not include this? Anyone of these can help put you in the mood!)
Any of these also are your playlist? :) Tell us your holiday essentials in the comments below!